Tuesday 10 October 2017

September ...

started wonderfully with an engagement ...


Congratulations to Poppy and Andy!

In class this month, I made this little robin ... going to call him Ray after my Dad ...


David and I spent a fabulous week in this house in Cornwall ...

Atlantic View
View from our bedroom window
The house had a fantastic conservatory which became a perfect sewing room .... 


During our stay I made my first baby quilt ...


As you know, I'm trying to get to grips with free motion quilting!  This quilt is made from a panel which I got from one of Steph's sales at Cupcake Cottons.  The panel has "Twinkle twinkle little star" around the border so I quilted the middle part using a loop and star design and then just cross-hatched the borders and I'm pretty pleased with the end result ...


I bound the quilt by using the backing fabric - a new technique I found on one of my favourite blogs - Cluck Cluck Sew ...


I also made a table topper (again a pattern from Cluck Cluck Sew) which I free motion quilted ... I think I'm improving!!!




During the week I managed to visit three quilting shops ... Coast and Country Crafts and Quilts, The Sewing Studio and Cowslip Workshops ...

Some goodies I came home with!

Vanessa x



No comments:

Post a Comment