Sunday 3 September 2017

August ...

sometimes you see fabric that you just have to have ... like this Garden Notes range from Moda ... I just adore it!  

Lucy at Secret Garden Quilting wraps fabric up beautifully!
It's been a busy summer with graduations, weddings and WOMAD and I've not had much time to quilt!  I was beginning to feel a little frustrated about this and needed a quilting fix so I pieced this quilt top ...


and I felt much better afterwards!  I used a pattern called Garden Trellis from a Pam and Nicky Lintott book which I've had for years!  It went together beautifully and was so quick - just what I needed!  I've called it "A walk in the park"!

I spent a lovely wet Saturday tidying up my sewing cupboard ...

Before!

After!
I need to do some serious stash busting this autumn/winter!  I've got SO many patterns I want to use - beach huts, jugs, buttons, umbrellas, dishes - the list goes on and on!  So I've made a start on a quilt called Floral Bouquet ... using fabric from my stash ...

Think I got this fabric from John Lewis?
First time I've used this book!
So pleased!
This month in class at Cupcake Cottons I got going on my "Little House on the Prairie" quilt  ...

Steph is helping me to design it!


And finally, I can announce the "Flowers in the garden" quilt was for Velma's 80th Birthday!  Velma is a dear friend of my Aunty Pauline.  When my Aunty Pauline was unwell last year, Velma was amazing, so this is a little thank you gift and a Happy 80th Birthday gift!

Loving being able to make labels!


I've sadly not had time to make any little houses this month - will have to double my efforts in September!


Vanessa x









No comments:

Post a Comment