Saturday 27 August 2016

Summer sewing ...

I did manage to do some sewing during the summer ...

as I said in my last post, I took sewing with me to Scotland - I never go anywhere without some sewing in my bag! :)  And can I say how useful the case that Sue, Lesley, Maggie and Theresa gave me for my birthday has been - I have taken it everywhere with me - thank you ladies ...





I made another sewing bag for my friend Theresa's daughter Emily - she's doing Textiles for A level.  This time I put some novelty buttons on for fun!


I also stitched a wedding sampler for Lizzie and Joel's wedding - I know dear Lizzie reads my blog so many congratulations to you and Joel!  It was a beautiful wedding - thank you for inviting us to share your day!

My main project of the summer, however, has been my medallion quilt which I'm making as a 'block a month' project at Cupcake Cottons.  I am absolutely loving it - it is so fussy!  It has taken me weeks to complete the four appliqué panels and I'm just in the process of making the baskets for the corners.  I'm twisting my handles, so I needed to stitch the binding at the back.  I bought some bias bars and they are just great - so easy to use with great results!  A gadget worth having!



So my quilt is growing!  We are making a flange next - can't believe  how excited I am about making a flange!



Happy sewing! :) Vx


No comments:

Post a Comment