Wednesday 24 September 2014

It was so lovely to hear from an old friend, Pat, this week ...

I worked with Pat many years ago in Derby and she contacted me to wish Mum and Dad a happy anniversary.  It was really lovely to hear from her and catch up with all her news.  And she made some complimentary comments about my blog and my sewing!  So thank you Pat ... a little something is on the way to you ... Happy Birthday on Wednesday!


Pat sews beautifully herself.  When I had my children she stitched them each a lovely sampler which I still have ...


Special gifts which I will keep forever!


Moving on from cushions and samplers though ... I made this book cover this evening.  It took me ages to work out how to do it but I'm thrilled with the result!  Poppy has already ordered one!


I used fabric called Noteworthy from a range by Moda.  I have a real love of stationery as well as fabric, so it was a perfect combination!


Vanessa x

No comments:

Post a Comment