Saturday 2 August 2014

Finally, I can show you a quilt ...



I've spent a happy Saturday morning binding it ....


I love the back!
It's from a pattern called Suburbs by Allison Harris of Cluck Cluck Sew.  The fabric is a Moda layer cake and is called 'Road 15' by Sweetwater.  The pattern is very simple and was pieced in a day.  It was a bit of a frustration quilt actually - I was feeling very frustrated at the time I pieced it because life was so busy and I felt that I never had time to quilt - silly, I know!   So, I just downed tools and made this quilt for David and I felt much better afterwards!

I popped it over to Barbara at Fir Tree Quilting and she suggested this fun car pattern ...


and as you can imagine, David is thrilled!

When I opened the quilt this morning - Barbara always packs the quilts up so neatly - a little envelope dropped out.  It was a little card and a gift voucher towards my next quilt from Barbara because this was my ninth quilt she had long arm quilted!  Thank you Barbara for my gift and for always turning my mismatched piecing into such beautiful quilts!


PS:  I've already given Barbara another two quilts!




No comments:

Post a Comment