Wednesday 16 July 2014

All I seem to do ....

is show pictures of beautiful fabrics!



I want you all to know that I have been sewing - honestly - but I can't show you until later in the year!  So for now you will just have to take a look at more fabric which I am collecting to start the Anni Downs Angel Quilt I am going to make at Cupcake Cottons.  It's a block a month quilt and as it involves a good deal of hand sewing, I'll probably need a month to complete each block!  Really looking forward to getting started in September though.  I used my birthday gift voucher for the fabric which was given to me by my lovely friends Sue, Maggie, Lesley and Theresa.  So thank you girls - this one will be for you! :)

Last Wednesday I met up with an old friend, Chris, in London.  Chris moved to New York City three years ago, so as you can imagine we had a lot of catching up to do!  We spent a great day chatting, having coffee, visiting the wedding dress exhibition at the V&A, quilt fabric shopping and drinking wine!!!  It was SO lovely to see Chris again.  Chris is an amazing quilter - check out her blog at www.madebychrissieD.blogspot.co.uk.  She took me to this interesting fabric shop called Shaukat Fabrics on the Old Brompton  Road and I bought some beautiful Liberty fabric which I intend to use to back another quilt I'm planning.  Oh .... so many quilts to make!!!


Safe trip back to the big apple Chris! x

No comments:

Post a Comment