Monday 10 June 2013

Sniff, sniff, sew ....

I'm full of cold so I've stayed home and spent the day sewing!  My skirt is coming along well ...


and because I'm so proud of Tom for his triathlon, I've moved his quilt to the top of the list!  We've only managed to find one suitable cricket fabric though - from America !!! - so we raided my stash of fabric and this is what we've come up with ...

Cricket fabric ...


I insisted we put some hen fabric in !!!  This one is from the Avery Home Store, Edinburgh ...


Tom likes the London fabrics ...


This fabric is the only one we found that looks anything like a cocker spaniel !!!  Sorry it's the wrong colour Archie !!!


And have you noticed the odd bit of Dutch fabric?

I'm using the same pattern as I used for Poppy's quilt and my Dad's quilt.  It comes from this book which is the first quilting book I ever bought ...



I've decided I probably need to make more scrap quilts looking at the amount of scraps I'm collecting SO if you fancy a scrap quilt let me know ...



No comments:

Post a Comment